Monday, July 27, 2015

I did it

I finally hiked over 20 miles in one day!  Saturday I hiked 22.5ish miles from our campsite at the Lower Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley up the Upper Yosemite Falls Trail, across to Eagle Peak and straight to El Capitan (where Brit and Mark will spend a week climbing in October).  Horray! 
Off we go!

Half Dome, one mile up the Upper Yosemite Falls Trail

Close up about a mile up


There are crazy people swimming in the falls pools.  I left.

Half Dome from the top of the falls

It is hard to capture how vast it is



Half Dome from Eagle Peak

I'm terrible at selfies.

High Sierras

El Cap Canyon

El Cap Canyon.  It was breathtaking!

Umm....where is the trail?

Way down in this valley is the chapel I have hiked past and photographed before.  Brit and Mark were climbing the rock wall behind the chapel while I hiked!



Seriously, so bad at selfies.  Especially after 21 miles.








The evening was so beautiful.  A little cool as I hiked back into the campsite, the guys were already there with the campfire burning and cold water ready for me.  I'm so blessed!





xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment