Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day my way



I took myself back to Perch tonight...this time to see the fireworks.  I could smell the gunpowder before I could see anything as I climbed the steps from the main restaurant on the 15th floor to the rooftop bar on the 16th floor.  Little did I know what I'd find once I got up there!  There wasn't a "downtown LA fireworks show"---there were about 12!  Because Perch is high and there are no high buildings on 3 sides, I was able to see the fireworks from all of the surrounding towns and Dodger Stadium.  A-mazing!  I will own to a bit of trepidation surrounding going out to a party on a festive day by myself, but it was the best thing I could have done.  I didn't have to move from my great vantage point and could take all of the (no flash) pictures I wanted.  The right kind of independence!
xoxo

Thank you to Grandpa, Brent, Patrick and all of the other men and women who have served or are serving to keep me free


No fireworks here, but I thought the reflection
on the building was really neat.



Trying to get better with the panoramic feature on my phone....I have no talent for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment