Friday, September 14, 2012

A quick look back

A year ago today I solidified some of the biggest decisions of my life.  Emmy and I returned from Ireland and I decided that being on my own was the only way for me to be happy and safe.  I decided to trust my family, my closest friends, and my God to help me through my most painful days.  I chose to leave a job I loved with people whom I was very close to in order to pursue my dream of traveling the country.  I left behind my house, my friends, my family, and most of my "trappings and belongings" to follow my heart.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me, challenged me, hugged me, and listened to me this past year.  My life is incredible and, as my patient told me about her life yesterday, "Following your dreams is the only way to live a full life".  I'm not even sure what my dream is at this point, but I know that it only gets better from here.





I leave early tomorrow for Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment