Saturday, May 4, 2013

Photo Dump!

I haven't been good lately about posting pictures of the adventures I've been getting myself into.  Sooo.....here they are!  They're in reverse chronological order: I'm having blogger issues and am too tired to fight with it!



I began my drive to my next placement in Prescott, AZ today.  I left around 6:30 after running a few errands and made it to Ely, NV tonight around 9.  Long day, but I got to see some beautiful things!
I already miss my family :,-(
Sunset in the Ruby Mountains in Nevada: it was so interesting because the mountains on one side were desert and the other side were snowy!

Twin Falls, Idaho

The next few are just really interesting clouds in Idaho




This was a neat cement plant...don't see that every day!

Last weekend I got to go to Seattle on Sunday to see the family and go to my first Mariners game.  
So fun!


 Olympia Washington is weird (and proud of it).  Last Saturday was "The Parade of the Species" to celebrate Earth Day (this is the link)
The giraffe was a crowd favorite



This whale was made entirely of recycled items and was whole on the other side.  His skin was made of rope woven from old plastic trash bags.
 On Saturday morning, we drove to the South Cascades to hike to Glacier Lake (Trail guide here).  It was so incredible!
Chillin' once we got there

My feet, relaxing near the beautiful lake


This was the road to the trail head: not happening!  We ended up just walking in

Brownie Falls

Driving up to the park.  I think they invented the word "vista" for Washington!

We went to Whistler, BC with a Groupon.  It was fun to walk around, but really just a big outdoor mall if you aren't a skier/snowboarder.  We stopped at Shannon Falls Provincial Park and then explored a trail that led to some rocky scrambling that ended with me making it to the top of my first mountain, Stawamus Chief!  So fun!

 Shannon Falls


My feet, hiking....no choice but to pay attention!








Horseshoe Bay is really beautiful: it looks like the mountains are popping out of the water to say "Hi!"




More pictures of my drive and (hopefully) my new digs tomorrow! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment