Sunday, May 12, 2013

woah!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms in my life!  I love you!



I made it to *most* of the festivities I had posted about earlier.  Here's the rundown:

Friday was the pre-Highland Games party at the pub.  Fun to watch the little girls dance and listen to one good, one really bad (there is no in-between) bag piper.  I was asked to dance a waltz, which I regret declining and was also asked several times why my hair wasn't red.  Well, because I'm a blonde ;-)

Then my co-worker, Debbie, and I met for dinner and so I skipped the fiddle concert.  Worth it, because it turned out to be a really fun night!

Saturday I went to the Farmer's Market and got some delicious home-made, frozen vegan (read: no lard!) tamales and salsa in addition to kale, etc., saw a patient, and then met Debbie and her friend downtown for the Art and Wine festival.
The Colorado River outside of the Dam

 Downtown Prescott is pretty cute!  This is courthouse square pre-Artfest


This is a cute Western-ish boutique mall downtown

Turns out there isn't much good Arizona wine, but we ferreted out the good ones. Then Saturday night was the star party, which was especially fun because most people there had never seen the stars through a telescope.






















Today was church (great priest), groceries, and.....a good, long, taxing hike!  (finally to the part with the pictures!)  I hiked at the Groom Creek Loop Trail.  It was 9.4 miles and led to a forest-fire watch tower at the summit.  I wasn't gutsy enough to take pictures from the wire steps up to the guard tower, but I did get these ones at the top and then along the way back down.


vast

"Spruce Mtn. Lookout Elevation 7693"
Basically, a mile and a half above where I was a week ago.
Crazy.

I love the shadow of the clouds on the land below.  Just so cool.

A quick trip to Trader Joe's and I was home to get ready for the week (and shower!)  Not a bad way to end my first week here....
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment