Monday, June 3, 2013

Water? In Arizona?

Yep!  I got to go swimming this weekend!!  A calm Saturday followed by a super-fun Sunday filled with good food, fun company and conversation, a tiny hike, and swimming in a spring/creek.  I've never jumped off of anything other than a diving board, so getting in the water took some psyching up for me!
The spring that sources the creek and the swimming spot

Swimming hole in pretty rocks


 We hiked around the water up to this cave/shelf area.  Perfect place for a hot afternoon!  This is looking out from the cave.
 Looking into the cave

Brilliant Arizona sunshine!

Psyching myself up to jump...


The approach

















Can't do anything the easy way....





we were jumping from just left of this picture.  so pretty!!!


Unfortunately, we got skunked and I twisted my ankle pretty painfully on our way out because it was getting dark, so....

A small price to pay for an otherwise great day!  xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment