Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baking (and being domestic) in Yuma, Vol 5

Wanted to make a "thank you" for a big kindness of one of the nurses at work, and so decided tiramisu would be a good recipe (he said to make my best!)  I also wanted to make roasted veggies, boil my remaining eggs, and try again for the gluten-free banana bars.  Now I'm pooped!


 Tofu to go with the veggies-garam masala is delicious!
Putting the Yuma sunshine to work-green mint tea tomorrow!

 Mascarpone and egg yolks...I hear it is tasty....
So it is waayyy too hot in my apartment to make whipped cream.  I froze my sauce pan to mix in and beat the cream in my doorway.  If they didn't already think I was crazy, I'm sure my neighbors are really talking now!


 Assemblage and finished products.  The round one is gluten-free (just sans lady fingers)

Farm-fresh eggs from my boss' chickens.  They're so pretty--some brown, some blue/green.

I'll keep you posted how the latest gluten-free banana bars turned out.  Fingers crossed!

What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment