Sunday, March 25, 2012

Farmers' Market!

Went to the new farmers' market Saturday on my lunch and I'm so glad I did!  $14 later I had 3 bunches of beets, turnips, broccoli, kohlrabi, dill, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, red char, carrots, celery, leeks, and a parsnip.  Made some delicious (though not pretty) roasted veggies, steamed the greens, and added the red char to my lentils.  Also, Emmy and I skype-cooked for the first time, which was a blast.  The sushi bowl we made in our respective kitchens was really tasty, though we agreed less OJ and a bit more soy next time.

 Bag o'freshness--the veggies were all picked Friday!



 Pregame....I ended up making 4 cookie sheets of veggies.  I'll eat all week!
 Made Erin's lentils again.  Love how colorful and tasty they are!



All those greens cooked down into one soup bowl!  I'm excited to try such a big variety.

Four days of work, then to Vegas for Ashley's party.  Woo hoo!

2 comments: