Thursday, April 5, 2012

Getting crafty!

Tonight I'm making dinner for my boss, Eric, his girlfriend Deanna, and Adina, the speech therapist (see the Muggins hiking pics).  Inspired by the desire to work ahead for that (since I'm taking everything to Eric's house), I decided to destroy my kitchen again.  Also, wanted to try dyeing deviled eggs.  They were really fun!  However, I have no idea how they taste since I can't eat the yolks....hopefully my co-workers like them! 


I think they turned out sooo pretty!  The whites take the dye much faster than the shells do (shocker)
 Getting artistic with the dye...


Pretty!  Decorated the backs of the eggs...then realized you can't really see that part!  Hmm...blonde....

Final tally: coconut bread (hard as a rock), salmon patties with cilantro pesto (delicious!), deviled eggs (fun!), quinoa, asparagus, baked chicken for tonight (not a huge fan), and stock from the chicken carcass (umm, gross, but ok).  Lots of dishes, but well worth it.  Gonna prep the rest of the things for tonight's dinner, then go to the gym.  I know I should rest on days off, but that's no fun! 

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment