Thursday, April 5, 2012

Jester's Peak

Yesterday we tried to find the wreckage of a WWII bomber that crashed somewhere in the range outside of the city. No dice on the bomber (will keep trying), but Robert and I did see a mountain goat! This was a much more difficult hike, with more scrambling than Telegraph. I'm not the bravest, nor the best at following the trail, which made for a bit longer day.

Waayy calmer than me as he drove along (see next pic)

The Very Narrow and Rocky road! I don't think I breathed the whole time into the trailhead (15ish minutes)

The road we could have taken....much less exciting!

 Basically says this is a steep 2.3mile hike...have fun!

So I could see the trail on the way out

 Do you see the trail?  me neither
I know it is here somewhere!

Oohh...there it is...on the right. 

"Getting fried". Wore sunscreen and long sleeves.  No more burning for me!

These little guys were just poking out of a random rock, saying "hello!"


 Again, holding my breath and hoping Robert didn't hurt himself.  I have full confidence in my ability to carry him off of the peak, but I'm not so sure about driving stick out to get help!
Another little guy just poking out to say "Hi!". Amazing that I'm allowed to take these pictures on the edge of....well, not much!

 We did it!  I don't love heights, which is why I'm holding on.  Definitely sure of where my feet and hands were.
Really, really big bug.  Gross. We also got chased by a swarm of bees.  No "My Girl" moments please!

The eternal quest to show just how high you can get out here.  We were about 1/3 or 1/2 of the way back to the Jeep at this point.  It is the tiny black dot to the left of the 2nd road from the bottom right corner of the picture.  Pretty far away.

Can't say we made it out unscathed, but considering how rocky it was, I think we did pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment