Monday, May 7, 2012

Improv

As you all know, I'm not crafty. At all.  But I tried tonight.  I have no table and chairs and am unwilling to spend a bunch of money, as I will be moving in 3 months.  This is the heads-up if you come visit me, we're sitting on the floor to eat!

The leather ottoman

Plus a poster frame

Together with some pretty fabric (a sample from the garment district)

 Equals a makeshift seating area--complete with floor cushions!
The idea is to prevent spillage when eating at the ottoman and to donate the cushions to an animal shelter in 3 months.  Not perfect, but it works!

I start work Wednesday at the nursing home in Santa Monica.  My plan is to drive out there tomorrow to check out the neighborhood...and the beach!  I can't believe I'll be working 1.5 miles from the ocean.  I'm blessed.

P.S. Coconut La Croix is sooo delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment