Sunday, May 27, 2012

woah....flying...

This meal was delicious in the morning.  Not so pleasant after some rough riding in the plane.  I did not end up flying at all, but Mike did an awesome job and got to fly twice!  The instructor was thoroughly impressed. 

This is a tiny plane.

Mike (left) and Nick (our instructor) getting ready for flight.  I'm firmly ensconced in the back....breathing deeply...

The Santa Monica pier. 

Malibu shores.  I love that the water is clear enough to see the rockiness below.

Mike "banked an impressive turn" over the ocean.  The world tilted just a bit after that for me.


A golf course on our way back, right before Mike's fateful comment, "Does anyone ever get sick in here?".  I didn't handle the descent well, though I did NOT get sick!

Happy to be back on the ground, I got out so Mike and Nick could enjoy the second half of the run and walked my green self back to the car.  We went to the Getty (I forgot my camera, but promise to go back and take pictures!), to Whole Foods, and now just back to relax a bit.  xoxo

1 comment: