Friday, May 25, 2012

Life in the City of Angels

Having visitors is fun.

Having fun visitors is more fun.

Having fun visitors in a fun place is even more fun.

Mike got in safely last night and this morning we were out, visiting the city and generally laughing at ourselves.  We went to the open-air market next door (you can have places like that here-the weather is that good!) and found some really pretty gelatin desserts.  It didn't taste amazing, but was worth a try!

Fresh nectarines and peaches at the Farmer's Market two weekends ago (I know, I'm behind)

Really fun-looking mushrooms.  I've never had them so fresh, and was amazed at how different they tasted!

 My oven is now big enough for two pans!  I made roasted veggies from the farmers market, mini crustless quiches, and banana bars.
 This is my pretty gelatin thing, though the pictures don't do it justice.  I just wish it tasted better....

Mike's fruit tart.

We're off to explore more and go grocery shopping.  As with my co-workers, it is great to have a friend who eats the same way I do.  Makes shopping much easier!  More pictures and stories of our adventures to follow!

1 comment: