Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Learning....

I've learned a lot in the past two days:
1. Laptops don't like to drink water.  It took mine 2 days, but all is back to normal, thank goodness!

2. They weren't kidding when they talked about crazy LA traffic.  It took me 75 minutes to get home yesterday, 60 today.  (20 minutes to get in in the morning)

3. I can read my Kindle while running on the treadmill.  Loooove that!

4. I'm stronger than I thought--picked a patient back up into bed today to prevent her from falling.

5. I am more blessed than I knew how to pray for.

6. Nothing in LA is free, especially not parking.

7. I could love it here.

The nursing home where I am working in Santa Monica is about a mile from the beach.  I took some time to wander around yesterday and enjoyed the sunshine and water.   I really get a kick out of this place.

This is the widest beach I've ever seen

Anyone up for sand volleyball in the shadow of the mountains?

Steered clear of the carnival




Can you guess where my feet were?

No comments:

Post a Comment